Curiosities of Mexico
Mexico is a country rich in culture and history. It is the 5th largest country in the Americas. It is an exotic country and every year captures the attention of thousands of tourists. Its paradisiacal beaches invite us to relax while its colonial streets tell us stories of ancestors and about its culture. Mexico is popular for many reasons – are you curious to read about them?
1. Mexico introduced foods like chili, corn and chocolate to the rest of the world.
2. There are over 200,000 varied species of flowers and animals, making it one of the most diverse and rich countries of the world .
3 . The main city of Mexico is surrounded by volcanoes – 2 of them are : Popocátepet and lztaccíhuatl .
4 . The colors of the Mexican flag mean: Hope for green (victory in battle), Purity for white (by your ideals) and Blood for red (shed in every battle). The eagle in the middle of the flag symbolizes the Aztecs looking to find their city.
5 . Catemaco, a city located south of Mexico is the capital. This is one of the most popular places to celebrate Halloween.
6. The Mexican border into the United States is the second largest in the world.
7. It is the largest consumer of Coca- Cola. The advertising of this brand is strong in this country and children start drinking this very young.
8. This is the country with the largest number of taxis circulating on the Mexican streets, reaching a count of 65,000 taxis.
9. Cuexcomate is the smallest volcano in Mexico , growing to only 13 meters.
10. The Olmecs, a pre- Hispanic civilization brought art into the communities and can be observed in different cultural centers throughout the country.